Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Establish and maintain a safe pool environment.
- Unlock and open up the clubhouse and pool at the beginning of the shift.
- Ensure that all doors are locked when closing.
- Test chlorine and pH using the testing kit; adjust as needed using Chemtrol controller.
- Help and support staff perform all opening duties so the club is ready upon opening.
- Help and support staff perform all closing duties so the club is properly locked, cleaned, and shut down at night.
- Make periodic rounds of pool deck to support lifeguards as needed.
- Attend to any member needs.
- Support staff with any cleaning that needs to be done around the grounds and picnic areas.
- Support staff with member check-in.
- Clean out strainer basket as needed. Flow level should be between 450 and 650 gallons per minute.
- Sign-off on shift changes as needed.
- Count guest fees when closing.
- Double-check and sign-off on snack bar cash and coin forms.
- Maintain the EGLE (State of Michigan) Public Swimming Pool Monthly Operation Report.
- Test pool water for Cyanuric acid, calcium hardness, and total alkalinity levels using the testing kit.
- Add chemicals as needed in order to maintain appropriate levels of above.
- Submit payroll.
- Schedule swimming lessons.
- Ensure swimming lessons are appropriately staffed.
- Ask staff for schedule requests, reminding them that requests will be granted based on the needs of the schedule.
- Create lifeguard and snack bar schedule.
- Conduct lifeguard in-services.
- Order pool chemicals.
- Order cleaning supplies/paper products for restrooms.
- Help lifeguards complete injury/incident reports.
- Report any staff issues to the board President.
- Ensure pool is vacuumed.
- Maintain the party calendar:
- No more that 50 guests for parties on weekends.
- No limit (but within reason) during the week.
- When needed, seek board approval (president or otherwise).
- Assist the board president and vice president with staffing and interviews.
- Order lifeguard and snack bar t-shirts.
- Order lifeguard bathing suits and whistles.
- Gather initial staff schedule requests, reminding staff that requests are granted based on the needs of the schedule.
- Create and distribute first staff schedule of the summer.
- Create a staff phone list.
- Attend the president/board pre-season staff meeting.
- Review staff expectations at pre-season meeting.
- Review shift change policy with staff at pre-season meeting.
- Obtain updated copies of lifeguards’ certification to post in the club house.
- Attend snack bar training so managerial staff is aware of new/continued expectations.
- Purchase any needed office supplies.
- Set up the party calendar.
- Re-stock first aid supplies.
- Coordinate with Building & Grounds to balance pool chemicals.